Pantheon - Trip 33" 9-Ply Black Gong - Get $80 off for setting up a Push complete!
Drop-thru w/ 1.3" crescent drop
Length: 33" / 83.82 cm
Width: 9.25" / 23.5 cm
Wheelbase: 26.5" - 27.3" / 69.22 cm
9-Ply Maple, epoxy
Long Distance Pushing
The Trip is back! Our most popular commuter / long distance skateboard to date took a one-year soul searching sebbatical in 2017. It comes back stronger and more refined than ever. We have been testing this board for almost a full year in various forms, attempting to make the board here in Denver ourselves but could not manage the radical curves without cracking the wood. Was it dry Denver or something else? Nevertheless, we rode our cracked prototypes through the sunset and into the dark of night, searching for a way to make this feeling something that everyone could enjoy. Well, we finally found a way to make it happen, and we’re pleased to present this beautiful skateboard in all its glory, molded to perfection.
What has changed:
· Deeper Drop! – We increased the drop to a full 1.3 inches. This gets you lower than ever for easier pushing and commuting
· Better Lamination! – Mold improvements and epoxy lamination make this deck more durable than ever.
· Ergonomic Improvements! – A dedicated mold for this board meant we designed the curves specifically for this shape and your feet.
· Aesthetic Improvements! – Stained wood veneer and laser cut griptape really make the Trip pop on the street.
· 8-ply Standard! – Reduced concave makes the Trip a perfect do-it-all with 8 plys of Canadian maple!
The 2018 Trip is functionally very similar to its original design with improvements in every way possible. We pressed the decks with epoxy to further preserve the wood and increase its life. We skated a hand-cut model with no clear coat to see if we could make it warp or deteriorate in the weather. It’s still straight and looks like crud, if anyone wants it! The glue lines are tighter than ever, showing significant improvements that have been made to the mold, which add to its strength and resilience. We reduced the concave in the body of the board and gave the platform the tiniest bit of camber to “load” the wood, making it feel more lively and energetic commute. We increased the width by 1/4″ to 9.25″ at the widest to really perfect the setups we are recommending for the deck. The wider width and increased prominence of the drop platform really makes this deck perform when riding slideways down hills and around corners. More width means more leverage, and since the wheels were sticking out that far anyway, it was the move!